By leaving a Gift in your Will to Cranford Hospice, you can help people who are dying have a quality of care while they are still living. Your generosity will keep on giving for years to come.
Your gift will mean that each of these patients and their family and whānau are prepared, informed and cared for in their final journey together now and for generations to come.
How to leave a gift in your Will
Including a gift to Cranford in your Will is easy to do. Share your plans with your family so they understand your intentions and speak with your solicitor to discuss your options.
There are several different ways you might choose to leave a gift to Cranford. For example, you might want to leave the “rest and residue” or what is left after making provision for your loved ones, a percentage of the total amount of your estate or a percentage of the residue.
For people who wish to include a specific request in their Will, please contact one of our friendly team before doing so to ensure that we can meet your needs.
Here are some examples of the kind of wording you could use:
I give to The Cranford Hospice Trust…
The rest and residue of my estate…. or
_______ percent of my estate…. or
_______ percent of the residue of my estate…. or
The sum of $________.
Free of all duties and testamentary expenses for its general purposes and I direct that the receipt of that organisation shall be sufficient discharge to my executors for this bequest.
Change of legal entity
Please note that as at 1 July 2017, Cranford Hospice is its own charitable entity. Any gifts in Wills prior to this date is likely to be made out to our previous legal entity name: Presbyterian Support East Coast. If you intend to include Cranford Hospice in your Will, please ensure our legal entity name is updated to reflect your wishes.
Our promises to you
Like you, we care about people who need the care that Cranford provides. We always recognise that how you choose to support us is your decision, and one that you need to make in your own time.
These are the promises we make to anyone who’s considering leaving a Gift in their Will to Cranford Hospice:
- You can tell us that you’ve left a gift if you want to, and we’d love to hear – but you don’t need to tell us.
- We will always respect your privacy. We recognise and appreciated that your Will is completely personal to you.
- We also realise that, rightly, your family and loved ones will always come first.
- If you do tell us, we’ll do our best to keep you updated about the work we do, in the way you’d prefer.
- You have the right to change your mind about a gift in your Will to Cranford Hospice at any time in the future, and you don’t need to tell us if you do.
- We’ll use your gift carefully and cost effectively so that it has the greatest impact for patients. And we’ll handle whatever gift you leave us with care, sensitivity and respect.
No matter how much you gift to Cranford, you have a special opportunity to make such a difference in the lives of people being cared for by hospice.
For more information, please contact our Fundraising Manager on 06 878 7047
Thank you so much for considering leaving a Gift in your Will.