14 Sep Retail Manager – Napier
14 Sep Retail Manager – Napier
Are you an experienced Retail Manager with proven team leadership capabilities? Do you have the ability to inspire, engage and motivate an army of volunteers? And are you motivated by making a positive difference in the lives of people? If so, this role might be for you!
Our three secondhand stores form a large part of our fundraising activity by turning second-hand goods into first-hand care. We pride ourselves on the warm and friendly environment at our retail stores. This role will lead our Napier store staff and team of amazing volunteers to develop and nurture this environment.
- Dynamic role leading our Napier store
- An exciting opportunity to be part of the new strategic direction for Cranford Hospice’s Retail Division.
- Supportive work environment with professional development opportunities and a focus on wellness
- Be part of a great team that supports the Hawke’s Bay community to care for those with a life limiting disease
Cranford Hospice Trust is focused on being leaders in specialist palliative care. We are committed to providing person and whānau-centred care for the Hawke’s Bay community. We have an in-patient unit, community outreach services, bereavement, and grief support. The work is varied and offers the opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of patients, and their families and whānau. We have a team of around 80 paid employees and a volunteer army of around 400 across our Hastings base and the 3 retail charity shops.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience in retail management and staff leadership and mentoring
- Relationship management and leadership skills to inspire and motivate volunteers and staff
- Excellent communication and merchandising skills
- High level of integrity, professionalism, honesty, and reliability.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to work to KPI’s and seasonal goals, with experience in managing a budget.
- Experience in supplying excellent customer service
- Strong computer literacy and cash handling skills
- Physically fit and energetic to keep stock rotation at a maximum level and to manage donations
- Flexibility to work additional hours and days to support the delivery of our retail operations as required
- Full NZ Drivers Licence
What can we offer you?
- A dynamic and supportive team culture
- Opportunities for continuous learning and development
- A fun and wellness focused work environment
- Family friendly and inclusive workplace
- The opportunity to make a difference for those living with a life limiting illness
Take a look at this video to get a feel for us: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbrCFDTecDQ
For an application pack please contact:
Phone: 878 7047
Please include a current CV and cover letter detailing your skills and experience for this role. Applicants must be eligible to live and work in Aotearoa and be able to successfully pass a Police Vetting Check and provide evidence of your Covid-19 vaccination status.
Applications close: 26 July 2022 @ 4.00pm